Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Dropped calls, voice dialer related?

I have a Google Nexus 5 and prepaid T-mobile account. Everything was fine until 3 or 4 days ago and now 3 strange things keep happening. I assume they are somehow related, but who knows? First, I constantly have dropped calls when using my blue tooth head phones. I can never complete a conversation, this morning 2 attempts and I never reached 60 seconds into the conversation. I am not touching the phone at all when it happens and I live in the center of a major city so I am not hanging up and I have plenty of signal. Also, when I am doing normal stuff, with my earphones on, I get sporadic alerts in my ear that say "EQ changed". Don't know wtf that means or why it is happening. Also, the voice dialer, (which I have never used), keeps popping up saying that it didn't catch that and to say the name again of who I wan to call. I am NOT trying to call anyone! I assume the microphone is picking up random noises and mistaking it for me trying to make calls with the voice dialer function. Like I said, I've never used that, and in fact, I don't even see that app on my phone, don't know how to use it or disable it. All of these things started happening about the same time a few days ago, rendering my phone essentially useless. T-mobile made me jump through hoops for 15 minutes and finally told me I have to do a hard reset. They offered no explanation for the problem, just a solution, that will cause me more trouble and may not even address the issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Default Re: Dropped calls, voice dialer related?

Welcome to Android Central! Does all of this occur while using your Bluetooth headphones? There might be some odd incompatibility issue. Do all problems persist when you turn Bluetooth off?

Don't do a hard reset yet. If anything, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. This process may take up to 10 minutes on a Nexus 5. [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery

Default Re: Dropped calls, voice dialer related?

Yes, it only happens when I am on my blue tooth. I've been using the phone all day today without it and no problems. I've got to run some errands shortly but will try your suggestion later this evening. Thanks!