Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Liam

Default Sony Xperia Z KitKat location issue

So this has only started happening since updating to KitKat 4.4.2 and Google Play services 5.0, not sure if it has anything to do with either of them though.
    As far as I can tell it usually happens when I am connected to a WiFi network and then go out of range of it without first turning off WiFi. All location access just stops until I restart my phone even if I reconnect to the network. My location accuracy is always on high but turning it down or off and on doesn't help. So every time I go to work or out somewhere I have to reboot my phone for directions, to book a cab or have Google Now give me any relevant locations based information. On another thread I read that an app called GPS Status & Toolbox could help but even that can't get a fix on where I am when I'm having this issue.
    Any comments on why this could be happening or if you've had this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Sony Xperia Z KitKat location issue

I'm having similar issues, but have not detected a pattern as of yet. Just know that location does not work in apps. Usually starts working again randomly. Will try to see if WiFi affects it like in your case.