Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Why does Google Play Music use so much data when I never use it?

I have an Iconia Android tablet. When I looked up my Data Usage for the month of July "Google Play Music" had used over 70MB of data. But I never use it! For streaming radio I use Tunein instead (which used 103MB for all the hours of audio I streamed over it. That's only 30MB more than GPM which I didn't use at all!?!)

Was there an update? And if so, is there any way I can look it up on my tablet, like some record of all updates?
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central! Various apps may communicate with the server for various reasons. If you have Google Play Music set to sync with the Google servers, it will periodically sync its information, even if you never use it. If it's totally useless to you, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Music, and tap Disable.

Default Re: Why does Google Play Music use so much data when I never use it?

Welcome to Android Central! Various apps may communicate with the server for various reasons. If you have Google Play Music set to sync with the Google servers, it will periodically sync its information, even if you never use it. If it's totally useless to you, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Music, and tap Disable.