Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
07-31-2014 01:05 PM
5 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Wifi problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after update

After updating my phone yesterday morning, I am no longer able to connect to any wifi connection. I have tried at work and at home. When I select the network it says "Connecting", "Authenticating" , "Obtaining IP Address" , "Checking the quality of your internet connection", "Turned off" in the area that it shows if a network is not in range, connected, etc. I hadn't ever had this problem before the update and the network connections are working on all other devices. I have tried the *#0011# short code, didn't work. I have tried forgetting the networks and restarting my phone then reconnecting, still didn't work. Please help! This is killing my data!

Default Re: Wifi problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after update

Go into your wifi settings.. Click the menu button and then go to advanced. Once there turn off "auto network switch" and it should help.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wifi problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after update-1406829019255.jpg  

No luck..

How to reset my Android to JellyBean?

If on a home network wifi go into your modems administration page via PC and add your Note 2 MAC/IP address (found in settings under about phone)to allowed devices sections and it will automatically connect and stay connected.

Sharky Roe

these solutions didnt work for me.