Galaxy S4 problems with calling then network

A

AC Question

So I got a brand new Galaxy S4 from at&t and it worked great for the 1st month. After that month, the calling started messing up in the way that I couldn't hear anything and the receiver couldn't hear me either. I read several threads on this and no solutions, except for some said factory reset might work. I proceeded to reset the S4 and went through the annoying steps, losing many apps in the process because I read that the apps may be causing the problem. Also erased all my apps and pictures on my SD card. Not only did the calling not get fixed, but now it's not letting me access internet through data or wifi. I don't have warranty and have tried reading threads and doing everything myself, but nothing seems to work. At this point I'm ready to smash this phone against the wall. It's a great phone except it seems they focused more on fixing the small details than the more significant problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The first thing I would do is to talk to AT&T, since signal and reception problems could be due to their network or your SIM card.