Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music pauses randomly

Hey guys,

I am new here. I had been facing this problem from few days. At first I thought it could be bug in the headphone but even after plugging in different headphones into my Canvas 4, music stops playing for a while and then will resume again. It happens only after I lock the screen on my phone. Tried different players but the bug is still there.

Plz help!

Default Re: Music pauses randomly

Welcome to Android Central! Is the music streaming, or is it locally stored? If it's streaming, are you using only wi-fi? If the pauses only happen when you lock the phone, it may be that the phone is dropping the wi-fi connection while it's asleep. Either use mobile data, or go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap the Menu button, then Advanced. Make sure wi-fi is set to stay on while asleep. Also uncheck any "wi-fi optimization" options, because that usually is for battery saving, not improving the wi-fi connection.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The music I play is stored locally on my phone. And I dont have external SD card since the internal memory is itself 16GB.

What format are the tracks in, and which music app are you using? Try another music player, see if it still skips. I like MortPlayer Music.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am using Player pro. And I tried to play the musics with jetAudio. Problem still exists. All are MP3 files.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It will pause for few secs and as soon as I catch my mobile to see why it stopped playing, it starts to play again.

Can you clarify--do the pauses always coincide with the phone screen going to sleep, or will the music often keep playing even when the screen sleeps?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The music never pauses while i am using my phone. But after i put the screen on sleep, after 5 secs or so, the music will start showing its abnormal character by pausing randomly.

It sounds like the phone is inappropriately going into too deep a sleep. Do you have any kinds of battery saver apps installed that might be controlling this behavior?