Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default External speaker not working on Samsung Galaxy Centura....Help?!

I don't know a whole lot about android phones and have an inexpensive Galaxy Centura by Samsung. All of a sudden, the external speaker has stopped working....no sound when turning on or off, no ringing (it does vibrate), no speaker sounds at all. If I press the speaker phone, it goes mute. Any simple words of advice?
    Banned

Default Re: External speaker not working on Samsung Galaxy Centura....Help?!

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I don't know a whole lot about android phones and have an inexpensive Galaxy Centura by Samsung. All of a sudden, the external speaker has stopped working....no sound when turning on or off, no ringing (it does vibrate), no speaker sounds at all. If I press the speaker phone, it goes mute. Any simple words of advice?
    Have you tried pressing the volume up button to make sure that volume slider is at the maximum position ! If that still doesn't helps then try restarting your device....

Hello.

This may not solve your particular issue, but try downloading the Speaker Clean app. It doesn't test anything, but many posters and service centres use it. It sends high pitched sounds through the speaker to, I think, vibrate the speaker clean.

Best not do it while surrounded by Doberman's in a park.
    I know some things, I don't know other things.

Yes, I've tried everything except doing a factory reset....I will try the speaker clean app!

That didn't work either....

If you didn't hear high pitched tones, you may need advice on how to try a physical clean. But really better to try a service / repair store or claim if under warranty.
    Stick around for other responses.
    I know some things, I don't know other things.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post

I've tried the volume button as well as restarting my phone with and without ear
    buds.