Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchscreen Issues

Hi there,

I've had my galaxy s3 since mid 2012, and it has run beautifully since the day of purchase, but recently the touch screen has started to not sense any touches. I've had the screen professionally replaced once (earlier this year), but besides that the phone has never been tampered with.

The touch screen becomes unresponsive at random times, and becomes responsive again after a random time period of leaving the phone on standby, or if I start physically twisting the phone by holding the top and bottom - which has recently stopped working.

Everything on the phone (i.e. the power button, volume buttons, home button, and the menu / back buttons) work perfectly.

Is this a hardware problem, or a software problem?

Cheers for the help

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchscreen Issues

Welcome to Android Central! Considering that you've already had the screen replaced once, I think it's most likely a recurrent hardware issue. Maybe you could bring it back to the shop that did the original repair and see if they can do anything about it.