Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-01-2014 10:44 AM
1 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Red face The stock music player doesn't display the album artist correctly / ignores album artist.

Hello. Disclaimer: Please no recommendations to use a diff. music player. Thanks

So I recently loaded my galaxy note 3 with songs from the musical Hairspray. I lumped them all into an album named 'Hairspray OST', and I edited their tags using Mp3dit and was successfully able to edit the artists/titles to each track. I also made sure to set the 'album artist' tag for each track (and for the album itself) to 'Hairspray Cast'. On album view, however, the stock music player doesn't display 'Hairspray Cast' as the artist of the album -- it displays the name of the artists of one of the songs.

I tried going back to mp3dit and editing the album. I found that the name displayed in the stock player was also the name set to the 'artist' tag of the album, while the data in the 'album artist' tag was completely ignored and did not show up anywhere in the stock player.

How do I fix this? Collectively, I want the album to have 'Hairspray Cast' as its artist, but individually I want each song to be credited to their corresponding artist/s.

Thanks a lot

Default Re: The stock music player doesn't display the album artist correctly / ignores album artist.

Bump.