The stock music player doesn't display the album artist correctly / ignores album artist.

A

AC Question

Hello. Disclaimer: Please no recommendations to use a diff. music player. Thanks :)

So I recently loaded my galaxy note 3 with songs from the musical Hairspray. I lumped them all into an album named 'Hairspray OST', and I edited their tags using Mp3dit and was successfully able to edit the artists/titles to each track. I also made sure to set the 'album artist' tag for each track (and for the album itself) to 'Hairspray Cast'. On album view, however, the stock music player doesn't display 'Hairspray Cast' as the artist of the album -- it displays the name of the artists of one of the songs.

I tried going back to mp3dit and editing the album. I found that the name displayed in the stock player was also the name set to the 'artist' tag of the album, while the data in the 'album artist' tag was completely ignored and did not show up anywhere in the stock player.

How do I fix this? Collectively, I want the album to have 'Hairspray Cast' as its artist, but individually I want each song to be credited to their corresponding artist/s.

Thanks a lot :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar