Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Maxx 4.4.4 bluetooth suddenly stopped playing media audio but does calls fine. media audio is checke

I am having an annoying issue with bluetooth (sony MW600) playing media audio on my Droid Maxx stock 4.4.4. I have been using the same set up for over a year.
    All of the sudden when I play media audio it just plays on the phone speaker and will not play on the bluetooth no matter what I try. Phone calls work fine on bluetooth as they always have. Phone audio and Media audio are both checked. I have tried another bluetooth device and the problem is the same so I am sure that the phone is to blame. I have also done a wipe memory cache, unpaired and repaired the bluetooth. I usually use beyond pod for must of my media audio, but it is not the problem as the problem seems to be with all media audio, youtube, google music, pandora, iheart.

I have not tried a factory reset, mainly because I am not sure what will happen to all of my apps and current phone settings.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Default Re: Maxx 4.4.4 bluetooth suddenly stopped playing media audio but does calls fine. media audio is ch

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried those headphones on another device? Maybe the headphones are failing.

Default Re: Maxx 4.4.4 bluetooth suddenly stopped playing media audio but does calls fine. media audio is ch

I have tried another bt headset and the problem is the same, so I am pretty sure its the phone since it has the same issue with multiple bt devices.

Oh sorry, I think I missed that. When you say you wiped the memory cache, do you mean you wiped the system cache partition or the individual app caches?