Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By tcseacliff
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry frustrating HTC!

hey folks, I am still learning Android, came from Blackberry. handling e-mails with pics is a hair puller! Blackberry was sooo easy! this system is a PITA! If i get an e-mail with a picture ,how do I save the picture to my phone so i can use it to send later? I have a picture i sent to myself to get it into my phone , so now,I want to text that to someone.

I do not have their e-mail. but with android when i click the paper clip to attach, the choices of attachments does not include this photo. with blackberry, if you are viewing an e-mail with a picture and you click the menu, it knows their is a picture and asks you where, how to save, usually put it on sim for retrieval. or click the picture and it will ask to send or save or sms,mms, or,email ! this system does not help you save stuff. how do you copy and paste with this phone? i do not wnt to slam it into the wall ,but came close ! please advise?? thanks!
    "Excellence doesn't require perfection".

Default Re: frustrating HTC!

You should be able to simply press and hold on the picture and then choose the save option.
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
    Thanked by:
    tcseacliff likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You should be able to simply press and hold on the picture and then choose the save option.
    wow! that was amazing! finally some geed news for using this phone! really helped!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    wow! that was amazing! finally some geed news for using this phone! really helped!
    Glad to hear it! Enjoy the phone and we're here to help!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Glad to hear it! Enjoy the phone and we're here to help!
    thanks, well since i have a little of your attention . how do i stop my phone from opening tons of stuff in my pocket? even on screen lock. another Blackberry featur e, well it is a behavior rather than a feature. let;s say i am listening to pandora, and the screen goes black. how do i keep it on the pandora page instead of always locking? can that be disabled at will? so when I wake the phone will be one the page already instead of the lock screen over and over!

I haven't played with that one... but with the newest OS update you should have a 3-way unlock for the screen if it does lock. Sliding the lock up will take you to the last thing opened when it locked. Sliding to the right will take you to the whatchamacallit screen (news feed), and sliding left will open it to the main screen. I'm pretty sure there may be some way to keep the phone from locking, but it may be some ROM that you'd have to root to install. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on that one can chime in. I'll ping some help for you to see if anyone knows an answer for you.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I haven't played with that one... but with the newest OS update you should have a 3-way unlock for the screen if it does lock. Sliding the lock up will take you to the last thing opened when it locked. Sliding to the right will take you to the whatchamacallit screen (news feed), and sliding left will open it to the main screen. I'm pretty sure there may be some way to keep the phone from locking, but it may be some ROM that you'd have to root to install. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on that one can chime in. I'll ping some help for you to see if anyone knows an answer for you.
    Oh , crap meant to be clearer, it opens back to pandora when i do unlock it which is good , but how can i just darken the display when i want with out it locking ALL the time? I really only need it locke in my pocket, which does not always help. many things get opened in my pocket . videos, **** dialing news, facebook, that is another annoyance!

Ahh... check this thread (it's older but may help): How do I prevent the screen from locking?

There are a couple of items in the store that may work for you. I haven't tried them, but the question has been asked before.