Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock as can be

Default which phone from last year

Hi there! I need some help. I'm considering getting a either a Moto x or HTC one (m7), both are 1 cent in best buy, currently I'm using a Lumia 1020 for the camera, but again the apps are breaking my experience. I had the Moto X for a while, but att exchanged it because, it had some issues. I loved the almost stock android experience. As mentioned above I am also considering the m7. Which do you guys think is better and serve me for at least one more year?

Default Re: which phone from last year

Both are excellent phones. Moto X gets high marks from pretty much everyone, without a bloated skin, and with a good track record for support from Motorola. The M7 has a bigger screen and better speakers, so perhaps better for media consumption. HTC also supports its devices well. Both devices should work well over the next year. Do you have any specific needs that might lean you one way or the other?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock as can be

To be honest, the "lack" of skin and the hands free control from the moto X are great, but I'm inclining for the m7 since it would take the same sim card from the lumia and would be able to change phones sporadically.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Personally I'd get the Moto X. Better battery life, better software experience, and feels better in the hand (IMO) because of the size and shape. Software also gets updated quite a bit faster.
    What I would like from the M7 is the display and the speakers.
    Either is a good choice though.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by reelon View Post
    I'm inclining for the m7 since it would take the same sim card from the lumia and would be able to change phones sporadically.
    That's a good reason!
    Thanked by:
    reelon 
    reelon and UJ95x like this.