Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC One M8 Update - no WiFi

Today I had a system update for my HTC one M8 and since then the WiFi won't switch on. I don't mean it won't connect, I mean that it says WiFi is switched off and it steadfastly refuses to switch back on. It still connects to 3G/4G internet but no WiFi. Anyone able to help please?

Default Re: HTC One M8 Update - no WiFi

Have you tried a soft reset? Have you tried an app cached data wipe? Have you tried a cache partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App

(Pardon me, that sounded rather interrogatory.)

I have tried the soft reset and cleared the cache. Nothing. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Hi, I have the same problem with my WiFi and also the camera does not work. Did the Factory Reset and still no luck. Anyone ???
    This happened after I updated my phone from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 (sad story)

Reg.
    B.

Both posters: The first thing to do, and I don't know why I didn't do it above, is to provide a link to B. Diddy's wifi guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

Please report back if still having problems, and we'll think of something else.

gudmundsson: The camera problem is going to require attention apart from the wifi problem. Try Settings, Apps, find the Camera app, open it, and clear cache and data. Force Stop. Then Power Off the phone and Restart. If that fixes it, good. If not, repeat all the steps above, but Uninstall Updates as well. If that fixes it, good. If not, try wiping the Cache Partition, if you haven't already. If still no good, report back and we'll think of something else.

Thank you for your swift reply.

About WiFi:
    Tried everything on the "[GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems" but nothing worked. WiFi still does not turn ON, when turning it ON it is like it is trying for about 10-15 sec then quits.

About Camera:
    did all of the above with no results, camera goes black and Return button and Gallery button does not work, only home button.

What to do ... what to do ???

B.