Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Did Verizon OTA for S5- RAM went down to 1.67 gb from 1.8gb available?

I am not very tech savy and new to android (former iPhone user), but the RAM I had available was 1.8 (using about 1.1-1.3 at a time) before the update, now all that is available is 1.67. Should I be concerned? Thanks for your help.

Also any suggestions on how to make my transition to android, would be greatly appreciated. So, far I am absolutely loving the phone!!!

Thanks!!!

Default Re: Did Verizon OTA for S5- RAM went down to 1.67 gb from 1.8gb available?

Welcome to Android Central! That is nothing to be worried about. The system manages RAM efficiently, and the amount of free RAM will vary over the course of usage.

Hopefully this guide will be of some help (but it isn't specifically for the S5 or TouchWiz): [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014)

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Did Verizon OTA for S5- RAM went down to 1.67 gb from 1.8gb available?

Nothing significant to be worried about. It's likely that the update added new features which now reserve the ~0.1 GB of RAM that was lost from before.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan