Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WordPainter
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Weird wifi choose your provider messagin when trying to connect to wifi

Sincew June(mid June of this yr) Ive received a weird pop up screen that askes me to choose my wifi provider (and lists several providers) to connect to wifi.

THe weird thing is..I never received this prior to june and get it when I'm say at malls, sporting events and such...(like Target) where these places have free wifif to use.

Has anyone else received this message or screen and if so, how do i NOT get it any further.

Thanks in advance.
    -Shar

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

Default Re: Weird wifi choose your provider messagin when trying to connect to wifi

Yep, and it's no big deal-many different cable companies and ISP offer free WiFi hotspots now, when you're in a place that offers several services, you get that pop up..
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Weird wifi choose your provider messagin when trying to connect to wifi

Like mentioned above, it will happen whenever you're in a public place that offers several WiFi networks.
    As far as not getting the message anymore, you'd probably have to keep WiFi off when in those places.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan