Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Light is on, but not charging when plugged in

My phone has not been charging this whole time for the past hour! I have an htc desire 601 whereas when the light is blinking, it isn't charging. I've tried taking out the battery, putting it back on. I've tried charging through usb and wall, still no result.
    I really don't know what's going on here, i think it's the battery cuz i tried 2 different chargers
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: Light is on, but not charging when plugged in

Welcome to Android Central
    Is it showing that it's charging on your locksreen and charging slowly or not at all?
    It's possible that your charging port is dirty. Try cleaning it, with a compressed air can if possible.

Default Re: Light is on, but not charging when plugged in

Along the lines of what UJ was saying... I've not ever known a charging device to blink an LED. Usually they are a solid color. So the blinking may be an indicator that something isn't right. Being that we stuff our devices everywhere, in a pocket, a purse, in between cushions, to name a few there is a good chance that your port is dirty, however there is an equally good chance that your cable is bad. Sometimes it only takes one bad plug in to ruin a cable. If blowing out your port doesn't restore things consider a different or new cable. They can be had for cheap these days. I've found them everywhere from the dollar store to Big Lots to Wally World, and I've found that they all work the same no matter what I paid for them. The quality wasn't the same, but they all worked, just saying. Meanwhile if you have one for something else that is of course the place to start, followed by borrowing one from a friend, ending in buying a new one. You could try to wiggle it to see if you get a solid light, sometimes pulling it about halfway out will get it.

If you're nervous about cleaning the port or unsure about how there are videos on YouTube or your local Corp store with a tech center will do it. Even if the port is a little dirty a new cable will clean it right up due to how tight they are when you first get them they scrape the gunk right off and keep on going.