My galaxy s2 won't turn on nor charge?

aleeseans

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy s2 won't charge or turn on, it just shows a blue light at the top, I even tried buying a new battery and still nothing, I even hold down the power and volume buttons, nothing is working and even boost mobile doesn't want to help me they say that I should just buy a new phone but I don't have money for that so please if anyone can, can you please help me? it has been like this for about a day now

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Is the blue light usually there? Does your phone do anything when you plug it in?
Try booting into recovery mode (Should be volume up + home + power on your S2)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode, if you haven't tried already, and wipe the cache partition: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

You could also see what happens if you remove any SD card that might be inserted. Corrupt SD cards can cause various issues. If it just doesn't want to turn on, there may just be a major hardware failure, like in the motherboard. You might not have any other choice but to either send it in for repair or get a new phone.