Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy couldn't find update

hello,im currently using htc one M7 with android version 4.1.2 and HTC sense version 5.0 . official updates have been released for this device.my device is an unlocked one ..so i tried to update it ...but when i select the update option it says there are no updates available for your phone.what should i do..im really frustrated with this...please help me

Default Re: couldn't find update

Welcome to Android Central! Who's your carrier? Is the phone rooted and running a custom ROM?

basically its an AT&T device......but i have unlocked it using the unlock code to use it with another sim...and no i havent rooted it

Have you contacted AT&T about this? I'm not sure if unlocking it would prevent it from getting updates from AT&T. Let me ask some other people.

EDIT: Actually, I think I was misunderstanding you. Are you saying it's a phone from AT&T, but you unlocked it and are using a SIM from another provider? That may be why you're not getting the update. AT&T are the ones who push the official update to their phones.
    Thanked by:

thank you... i will wait for your reply ... no i havent contacted AT&T

ohhh really...is that the problem ...but currently im using this phone in India ......is there no other way to update my phone

You can probably download and install the ruu equivalent of the OTA . I don't have the link, but a quick Google search for "htc one m7 ruu" should come up with some results. I am not sure if s off is needed.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3