Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy USB micro keyboard Nexus 5 not working

Hi, I bought this keyboard which came today: (copy+paste this into search bar of Amazon UK : " UNIVERSALGADGETS BLACK KEYBOARD LEATHER CASE FOR 7" TABLETS PC WITH MICRO USB CONNECTION " , it's the first result).

It fits into my Nexus 5 but nothing is being detected.

Apparently, it's plug 'n' play, works on Nexus 7s and any device that has OTG support.

Is there a way to fix this so it's usable or must I go through the effort of finding a "USB micro to USB micro" OTG cable?

Unfortunately, I don't have another phone to test whether it's the keyboard that is faulty.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USB micro keyboard Nexus 5 not working-img_20140802_130254.jpg   USB micro keyboard Nexus 5 not working-img_20140802_130708.jpg   USB micro keyboard Nexus 5 not working-img_20140802_130729.jpg   USB micro keyboard Nexus 5 not working-img_20140802_130821.jpg  

Default Re: USB micro keyboard Nexus 5 not working

From a quick web search, it looks like you need to be rooted. https://productforums.google.com/for...U/6ZyI9gQLjIsJ