Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  • 1 Post By crammpa
  • 1 Post By crammpa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extended battery

How many mv would I see when my 7000 mah is fully charged?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended battery-1406998695567.jpg  

Default Re: Extended battery

I don't see that the voltage would be different in a battery of higher capacity. Doesn't it give the voltage on the battery?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The battery itself just gives mah readings and the phone only mv readings. I think the phone is confusing the extended battery for the stock one when it tells me it's 100%. So I was wondering what would be a full mv reading for the 7000 mah. I'm not good at math.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ha ha oops the battery has 3.8v written on it. But the phone is only calibrated to stock battery which is only 2100mah. What is full capacity in mv for 7000mah.

Unless there's something I'm missing, the new battery is only different from the original one in how much charge it will hold. The voltage will be the same, or at least, not so different as to matter. The phone doesn't need to 'recognise' the charge capacity of the 7000mAh battery....it will just keep going for longer than on the original battery.

UJ95x likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The extended battery is suppose to last up to 4 days but it doesn't. I have noticed that the battery will charge to 100%, then immediately drop to 70% when I unplug it. I plug it back in then it will charge from 70% and the mv readings will get higher. That tells me the battery was not fully charged. So I was wondering at what point is it fully charged. So far I have gotten up to 4380mv.

Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about a substantial difference in rated voltage rather than the small increase that occurs when charging. I don't see why you get the substantial charge drop when you unplug. I just watched a YouTube video about that 7000mAh battery and it looks like a mighty useful thing but that's assuming it can be made to work properly, and I wonder whether in your case it would help to calibrate the battery.

Your 4380mv seems quite high according to this article I came across by chance in another thread...it's a worthwhile read with some interesting technical stuff:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It charged to 100% overnight. When I woke up I recalibrated then went to work. Since then I have used Facebook, the internet, made a 20 minute call. After all that I'm still at 100%. If it doesn't last the promised 4 days or even 2 days its getting replaced.

belodion likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Shouldn't the capacity be reading as 7000mah?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended battery-1407089679522.jpg  

Yes, I would say so. It may be worth uninstalling that app and reinstalling to see if that resets it to recognise your new battery.

It thinks you're still using the stock battery. Have you got settings in that app where you could set it to read 7000mAh?

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Yeah, there was a recalibrating option in the app that fixed it. I was just watching an HD video and my battery is at 97%. So if you get an extended battery remember that just because the phone say its full the battery may not be full.

belodion likes this.