Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Sony Xperia Z1 compact saves/shows random cache pictures in album

whenever i browse internet or apps like 9gag or even fb my new xperia saves all the pictures in my album, as well as all thumbnails.
    It is very very annoying I already have thousands of useless pictures saved. I can't find the location for these picture folders when I connect the phone to my PC and manually browse.

Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to solve this!?!? Would be a life saver!

Default Re: Sony Xperia Z1 compact saves/shows random cache pictures in album

I have the exact issue... I delete them all then i open 9gag/google images and all the images cached are in my album... i deleted media storage cache and files get corrupted.. Only thing u can do is one by one delete them... Its sucks so bad.. Never had this problem on my old z1 compact.. Ive literally factory reset this phone 5x cause thats how sony store solves their problems..

Same problem with my phone. If anyone has solved this problem or has a hint I would be very grateful!

Unhappy Re: Sony Xperia Z1 compact saves/shows random cache pictures in album

has anyone managed to solve this? it's starting to annoy me
    thanks

Same, it very annoying

Global Posts
    4,275 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

When you turn the phone on (or restart it), Media Scanner runs and finds all media files on the phone. The only ones it skips are those in folders with a file named .nomedia in it. All cache folders should have .nomedia files. If you can find the folders (filesystem folders, not picture album folders) with these files, just put a file named .nomedia into that folder and nothing it will show in media apps like Gallery. (The file doesn't have to have anything in it - it's the existence of a file with that name that does it. If you understand Linux, just find a .nomedia file and symlink it in every folder with cached pictures.)