SD Card, Apps, and Camera

A

AC Question

I have a Droid Razr. When the newest phone update came out, a couple weeks ago, I put it on. Since that time my camera will not take pictures at all. When I try to take a picture it tells me I have to insert a storage device to do so. I have had this phone almost two years and I have taken pictures with no storage device up to this point with no problem at all. It also will not show the pictures in my gallery that have been stored there before the update. It says there is a picture there, but you can not see it. Last but not least when I want to download an app from the play store it tells me I do not have enough room on my sd card to download. Again, I have had this phone without an sd card for years, and since the newest update now it won't work and gives me these prompts. Has anyone encountered this and how do I fix it? I have deleted apps I don't need, cleared caches etc, and I have almost 3Gb of free space on the phone. So, I don't know what to do.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Weird. So for some reason your phone is now trying to use your SD card as the default directory for everything.
I assume for the camera app you can at least change the default location.
Does your phone even take an SD card?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2