Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By axayd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Change profile name

So I had a fake name setup on my Google+ profile when I set up the phone as I never planned to use the service. But seeing as I now have to look at the fake name in notification bar now and listen to the phone use the fake name when I use it hands free, I want to change it to my real name.
    I changed it in my G+ profile but on the phone itself I can't find anyway to change it (I tried rebooting the phone). It updated my new profile picture but doesn't update the name.... Any solutions?

Default Re: Change profile name

Didn't realize I posted this as a guest. sorry. Thanks in advance for any answers

If you've just joined, Welcome. I would have said reboot, so have you tried clearing the cached data, and wiping the cache partition?

Posted via Android Central App

I went to settings/storage/cached data and cleared it there. Didn't change the name. Is there any other cached data I should be deleting?

Wiping the cache partition. I apologise in advance because I just bet it won't work but an occasional wipe is good so it won't be a complete waste of time. If you do it, just be sure not to do a factory reset by mistake, which would wipe the phone. I don't know what your device is but here's a general demo of a cache partition wipe:

Google Nexus 4: How to Wipe Cache Partition:

Another thought. You may care to Clear Data in Google+ rather than just Clear Cache (which you'll already have done when you cleared the Cached Data for all apps) and then start again with a fresh sign-in. I'm not positively saying do it because I'm not sure of the effect, but you could consider.

Thanked by:
    axayd 

Yep, clearing cache and data in Google+ did the trick. Thank you
    belodion likes this.