Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default video ruined after importing to Mac

I took a video on my Samsung Galaxy 7 two days ago. I'm trying to import it into my laptop (a Mac) for editing. The video is working fine when it's on my tablet, but for some reason, when I transfer the file to my laptop, it doesn't work properly. The image becomes terribly grayish, with artifacts all over the place, and "trails" from movements. The audio is perfect, but the image is awful. Plus, when I try to import the file into Camtasia, it gives me a message saying the file I'm trying to import is corrupted. It has never had any problems with mp4s.

What's going on? I've tried four different times now, to import this file, with the same result each time.

Maybe it's a platform issue? Has anyone experienced this? Is there a workaround?

Global Posts
    6,108 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: video ruined after importing to Mac

1) Don't import it, copy it as a file. (Copying a file doesn't change it.)

2) Make sure it's a video format (not the envelope [file type] alone, but the internal format of the video) that the editing program handles. Not all video programs handle all video formats (or even all video file types).

Default Re: video ruined after importing to Mac

I think it was copying, since the file remains on the tablet after I bring it in to my Mac (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to try 4 times!) In any case, I don't see any other options in the Android File Transfer program. The directions in the software say to drag and drop files from the Android into my Finder, which is what I did. Is there any other way to get the file into my Mac besides drag and drop? When I right click on the file, the only options are "New Folder" and "Delete."

As far as Camtasia, it has never had trouble with other mp4's I've used in the past. I didn't just import the envelope, I'm pretty sure, because there IS video showing when I preview it in Finder, and when I open it with Quick Time... it's just corrupted video. :-/

I guess the only option is to see if I can find a friend with a PC willing to let me try to import it into her/his computer...