Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (My Opinion)

I do not see any forum threads about the newer Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. I was hoping to read what others thought.

I have had this phone for 13 days and I am loving it. It rained today and I had my phone in my hand and didn't have to worry about it getting wet. I tossed it on the chair and it bounced and hit the concrete floor with out even a ding or scratch. I have put it in my tool box and the glas didn't have any scratches after it had bounced around in there in my jeep. I have answered calls while in the shower (no camera was not turned on) and nothing bad happened.

The ONLY beef I have had is that I cannot seem to buy a custom back door for it or even a custom skin. I have the Dark red version and would love to give it an Iron Man or Deadpool theme. Or even one for my favorite shows like Dr Who or Sherlock. With both of those shows starting new seasons and all the hoopla that was given them at Comic Con, San Diego, 2014 I would have thought that some young entrepreneur would be itching to make some side cash for making something as inexpensive as a skin.

What do you think of the phone? What accessories would you like to see made for it?

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (My Opinion)

At issue I have is the camera lens sticking out half inch. Mine fell over. FELL OVER not fell on my desk and shattered the camera lens. Both ATT and Samsung will not do anything although both have said its a design issue. No replacement lenses available and want 75 bux and 2-3 weeks to repair. New phone less than 30 days old.

My camera lens did the same thing. I was sitting in a chair and had the phone in my shirt pocket. I bent over and the phone slipped out and fell maybe 3 feet to the floor. It was in a case as well. The camera lens shattered. I bought this phone because it was supposed to be rugged. Not happy. Apparently this was alreadyva big issue with the regular galaxy s5 as well. They knew this was a problem and could have adressed it by using a thicker or different lens. Samsung dropped the ball in this one even though they already knew there was an issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

There is a busy S5 Active forum. Nice phone.

This is the most recent thread :
    Who is enjoying the S5 Active?

ADDED: it is there on the Android Central app and Tapatalk or AC Forums apps, as well as the full website.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
    Sent from this thing using a finger.

Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial