factory resetting

A

AC Question

i have factory reset my phone (S3 mini) Many times.
i just wanted to know whether it is harmful for my mobile or not?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Were you having issues with your phone when you reset it?
It's not necessarily bad (there is a limit to how many times you can do it, but it's insanely high), but it's not really something you should do often either. Seems like it would kill a lot of time setting up your phone over and over again.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it harmful? Not to your phone. Maybe to your patience or your sanity. There are certain times my wife knows that I'm off limits for anything less dire than the house burning down. Income tax time is one of them. Having to reinstall all my apps and data is another. I wouldn't do a factory reset without a working nandroid backup unless that was the only possible way to get the phone working - almost anything else is preferable. (Even with a working nandroid backup, I'd rather not do a factory reset. Clear the cache. Clear the Dalvik cache. If you have to do a factory reset more than once or twice, you aren't learning what you're doing wrong. (I think I've done 2 factory resets. One was to see exactly what did and didn't get reset, so it was an experiment. The other was an attempt to get a brick working - that turned out to be bricked because of bad hardware.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair