Cyanogenmod for Verizon Prepaid Moto G
Can you use Cyanogenmod with a Motorola Moto G on Verizon prepaid service? And by "can" I mean can you do it without Verizon shutting down your service or otherwise losing service?
- 08-03-2014, 01:32 AM #2
Re: Cyanogenmod for Verizon Prepaid Moto G
"Can", in this case, actually has 2 meanings. First, will the ROM work on that phone? If there's no version of CM for it (and that means for the CDMA version of the G, not just for the G), there's no reason to ask the second question, which is the one you asked. There's no reason Verizon should shut your service if you're using a different ROM, as long as the ROM doesn't try to do things Verizon doesn't allow - like not charging the minutes you use. (And Cyanogen doesn't do things like that - they're now a respected part of the cellphone industry.)
But the best place to ask about CM ROMs is on the CM website. They know their ROM a lot better than anyone else, and would have more experience with how Verizon (or any carrier) would handle use of it.
- By amzi160586 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 08-17-2014, 02:47 PM
- By worknman in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
- By little09 in forum SHIELD TabletReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2014, 09:08 PM
- By CannedBullets in forum LG G3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2014, 10:05 PM
- By Ryan Gomez in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2014, 05:21 PM