Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Cool I just want to download at least Jelly Beans if not Kit Kat

Ok I have a rooted and unlocked Pan-tech Flex P8010. It originally was an AT&T locked Phone till I unlocked it (semi-successfully) and hooked it up to my current T-Mobile account. AT&T refused to give me an unlock code, so I bought one online. Worked smooth as silk for everything, well except the Internet. I cut down my T-Mobile sim card and made it into a Micro sim to fit the Flex and all seemed OK except my mobile network state shows disconnected even though all of the areas to activate data have been checked off. But that's only part of the issue. I believe if I upgrade my android version from 4.0.4 Ice Cream to 4.4 Kit Kat it just might work that glitch out. However I can't get an upgrade from AT&T, where my phone heads to in order to get it's updates. So I need a website where I can actually DOWNLOAD a copy of 4.4 and update it manually myself while being hooked up as a PC data mode, etc. However here again, every search I do to attempt to find a download just brings me to some forum where there is no downloads, just commentators spouting off about how cool the 4.4 is, etc. I'm sorry but all I want is a download, then I can come back to some of those forums and commentate myself. So is there anyone out here who can steer me in the right direction? believe me it would definitely be greatly appreciated. Thank you for putting up with me.
    [email removed by Moderator]

Global Posts
    5,522 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: I just want to download at least Jelly Beans if not Kit Kat

Google writes the basic ROM. Then the manufacturer makes it work on their specific hardware. So in order to get a 4.3 or 4.4 ROM for that phone, you'll have to get it from Pan-tec - assuming they created one. If they didn't, or they won't release it, the only place you can get an update, since the phone is AT&T hardware, would be from AT&T, and the phone has to be on an AT&T account to do that.