Encryption Corruption AFTER Remotely Screen Unlock

A

AC Question

My phones screen cracked and I can't see or touch anything. I connected my phone to the PC and downloaded latest Kies to backup EVEYTHING. But Kies asked me to ##UNLOCK THE PHONE##. I found away, one of samsung websites to unlock the phone remotely.
Once the website unlocked my phone, Kies detected and backed up everything ##EXCEPT THE SD CARD SINCE IT IS ENCRYPTED##
After I replaced the screen I put the SD Card in the phone since it contains my wifes and families photos and videos. After I turn the phone I could see the files on my SD CARD but the files ##CAN'T BE OPENED##. I went to the security to remove the encryption but I found a strange thing whcih is the phone asks me if I should ENCRYPT THE SD CARD <NOT DECRYPT>.
Please help me . I want to see all my family photos and videos and other songs.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone thinks the files aren't encrypted, the SD card thinks they are - they're out of sync and the only way to recover the files is from whatever backups you made of them.

Old computer axiom (the first time I heard it was in the late 70s, and it was old then) is that any file not backed up to at least 2 separate destinations is a file you don't really need.

Sorry, but I don't know of any way outside a factory laboratory (so that they can manually change the sync sync state of the card in the phone's status) to resync the card and phone so that you can unencrypt the files. (That takes a device that simulates the CPU in the phone with an external box, so they can manually "run" the phone's firmware, read the state of the SD card as being unencrypted, change it to encrypted, then let the rest of the firmware run. And you don't know what a lab charges for that sort of work.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan