Android USB DAC
I am planning to buy a new Android USB DAC to use with my new high quality headphones. I do not have any experience with Android USB DACs. Hence my questions are:
1> Do Android USB DACs need external power source ? (Because I know that Android USB DACs are different from standard MAC/PC USB DACs).
2>If no, then which are the ones that do not need external power ?
By external power I mean, the DAC should not have any internal battery, no external power adapter etc. And should draw power solely from the Andrpoid device through the USB bus.
Thanks in advance.
- 08-08-2014, 01:32 PM #2
- 52 Posts
Re: Android USB DAC
There are two types of "Android USB DAC":
1. Standard USB DAC compatible with PC / Mac: self-powered or bus-powered
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 345
2. Android-specific USB DAC (always with included battery): only three as far as I know
Teac HA-P50: also standard USB DAC
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 344
Onkyo DAC-HA2000: also standard USB DAC
Onkyo DAC Amp HA200
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 155
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2015, 04:09 PM
- By DAC7 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2014, 01:08 AM
- By Severin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2014, 12:46 AM
- By Niko Honkonen in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2014, 04:59 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2014, 03:04 PM