Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Lenovo P780 not charging after Android Kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade

Just upgraded to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and phone does not charge. Overnight charging shows 1% charged. Tried different chargers, cables, usb and everything. After factory reset and starting up phone several times, the charging % went up to 20% and then again the same issue. It's now at 18% and stuck there for long.

Have learnt that some Samsung devices are facing similar issues after the upgrade.

As P780 does not have a removable battery there are no alternate methods to charge (?). Anyone knows a work around? Any app that can help? Since various chargers and plug-points have been tried, this seems like a software issue. Is there a way to rollback the OS upgrade?

Thank you in anticipation of your help !
    Banned

Default Re: Lenovo P780 not charging after Android Kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Just upgraded to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and phone does not charge. Overnight charging shows 1% charged. Tried different chargers, cables, usb and everything. After factory reset and starting up phone several times, the charging % went up to 20% and then again the same issue. It's now at 18% and stuck there for long.

Have learnt that some Samsung devices are facing similar issues after the upgrade.

As P780 does not have a removable battery there are no alternate methods to charge (?). Anyone knows a work around? Any app that can help? Since various chargers and plug-points have been tried, this seems like a software issue. Is there a way to rollback the OS upgrade?

Thank you in anticipation of your help !
    Well, i don't think you can now downgrade your device ! I just have no other option other than telling you that you may need to rush to the nearest support for fixing this problem up because I don't think that this is any software issue rather than the issue seems to be hardware...

Default Re: Lenovo P780 not charging after Android Kitkat 4.4.2 upgrade

Thanks Joe for your reply.

As I guessed, it was a software issue. Went to the service centre to revert to Jelly bean.... Hopefully the problem looks solved.