Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question android internal memory bug/virus?

Hello,

I have a problem regarding the internal memory of my mobile phone. I get daily the message my internal memory is full. The storage distibution at Settings>Device>Storage is: i59.tinypic.com/209hdf5.png . Which doesnt makes sense. I dont know if the OS and other things are included in this picture.

When i connected my phone to my Windows PC it also shows the same. "my computer" shows that i have 400MB left at the internal memory. If I select all maps in the internal memory (all hiden maps shown) it gives a total of ~2,4GB in use. There should be around 3 GB free storage and not 400MB.

Does anyone knows a solution for this problem?

Info:
    Phone model: Huawei G615
    Android version:4.2.2

Thanks in advance,
    S.

Global Posts
    22,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: android internal memory bug/virus?

It's bad reporting on the available memory. I took a calculator and subtracted from 5.29 everything listed (but I did not include available). When I got through almost everything (I also excluded the 200 KB of music) I got a remainder of 2.64 GB. I double checked and just taking the 5.29 GB and subtracting your Apps, Pictures, and Misc, I got 2.692 GB remaining.

As for how to fix the memory reporting, I do not know.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Question Re: android internal memory bug/virus?

hi, i am the one who made this thread.
    thanks for the reply,

That is the problem exactly. I cant install other apps because i get the message the phome has no internal memory is left (i guess some memory is reserved for the OS or someting). I connected my phone again to my pc. When i select all files/maps (hidden files revealed) and click properties, it says i have only 700MB in use. That is even less than android shows. According to my PC i should have around 4,5GB free space. Also weird is the free memory i get when i open "my computer" (the screen where you can see how much space is left at the :C drive etc.) . Here it also says i have only 400MB left.

I hope someone had the same problem or know what i could try to solve it. I rather not reinstall my OS, but i am afraid it is the only solution.

thanks,
    S.

Global Posts
    22,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: android internal memory bug/virus?

Quote Originally Posted by sadeluen View Post
    hi, i am the one who made this thread.
    thanks for the reply,

That is the problem exactly. I cant install other apps because i get the message the phome has no internal memory is left (i guess some memory is reserved for the OS or someting). I connected my phone again to my pc. When i select all files/maps (hidden files revealed) and click properties, it says i have only 700MB in use. That is even less than android shows. According to my PC i should have around 4,5GB free space. Also weird is the free memory i get when i open "my computer" (the screen where you can see how much space is left at the :C drive etc.) . Here it also says i have only 400MB left.

I hope someone had the same problem or know what i could try to solve it. I rather not reinstall my OS, but i am afraid it is the only solution.

thanks,
    S.
    Maybe deleting some text and MMS messages? Those can add up quick. Also, moving any unneeded pictures to your PC so you can make more room?

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here