Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy s3 rugby mini backlight

So I went to the skate park today and put my phone in the shade. (It was like 80 degrees today) When I was done, I used my phone on the way home and it worked fine. When I got home I set it down inside in the air conditioning, and when I came back to use it the backlight would not come on. And the screen features won't work. The buttons light up and I can mute calls with volume knobs. But I can't do anything else... including turning it off, because that's a screen feature for my phone. Please Help!!

Default Re: Galaxy s3 rugby mini backlight

Welcome to Android Central! Is it really humid where you are? I wonder if there might have been some condensation that formed due to the change in temps. If there are any hairline cracks in the screen or other defects in the phone's shell, it's possible that moisture could get inside and cause some issues.

Try pressing and holding the Power button for about 10 seconds--that typically powers off an Android device from any state. Then try powering on again and see what happens. If the screen still doesn't work, you could try the bag o' rice trick--put the phone in a ziploc bag of uncooked rice, seal it, and let it sit overnight. Then try again tomorrow.