Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Tablet: Samsung galaxy note pro 12.2

Hello all,

I have just bought the aforementioned tablet. I wanted to use a black wallpaper, however when I am working in the dark it’s extremely clear some white-ish glowing areas/spots coming from the sides and corners (frames of screen) of the screen. If you type on the phone dial pad *#0*# and go to the diagnostic test and chose black you will see what I am talking about....just be sure to be in the dark.

I read a review that referred to something like "in a darkened room it is extremely clear where the side-firing LEDs that light the screen live". Does this relates to what I am describing?

Is this normal on my screen or am I being too picky? Because I cannot really stop thinking about this and thinking wether or not this is a fault and should return it.

Please any help on this would be truly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Hugo

Default Re: Tablet: Samsung galaxy note pro 12.2

Welcome to Android Central! That's called light bleed, and occurs on a fair number of devices. There are plenty of people who consider it a sign of poor build, but personally, I think it's not that big a deal. I've had devices with some light bleed that otherwise functioned very well.