Galaxy S3 keeps restarting

A

AC Question

About 2 months ago, my Samsung Galaxy S3 took to restarting repeatedly. I did a factory reset, but this didn't help. So I read the threads on this which suggested restarting the phone in SAFE mode to ensure it wasn't a 3rd party app causing the problem. Within 3 minutes of the restart it had turned itself off and on again. So I again restarted in SAFE mode, and again within 3 minutes it had turned itself off and on again.

Whenever this happens, the battery meter shows missing sections, so I tried a different battery in case it was faulty and inconsistent power to the phone was causing a power drop which triggered the restart. No improvement, and it continued to restart every 3-5 minutes.

I really don't know what to do next except sell the phone on ebay as faulty (although it probably isn't) and buy something else. Maybe an operating system upgrade / downgrade would help? I'm currently running Android 4.3, kernel version 3.0.31-2168382, build number JSS15J.I9300XXUGMK6.

Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have an SD card inserted? Corrupt cards can cause problems. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage​), removing it and rebooting again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance