Hi all, I searched the forum and couldn't find anything with this similar scenario.

I got a 16gb Galaxy S3 from a family member to use just for music/internet/etc. It is a TMobile phone, but the account has been in bad standing with TMobile for several months, therefore has no phone service. I've been interested in getting a phone, but saw that Straighttalk lets you bring your own phone as you can buy a SIM card for Tmobile phones. However, I couldn't find out if the phone has to be unlocked, ie the TMobile account needs to be paid off, in good standing, unlocked, etc. for this to work. Or can I simply buy the activation kit w/ the compatible SIM card and switch them out, and have Straighttalk phone service despite the fact that the phone is connected to a bad account?

Directly from Straighttalks site: "You will need a compatible GSM AT&T or T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with AT&T or T-Mobile."

The site says my phone is compatible when I enter in my IMEI, but Im not sure if the "may also use an Unlocked phone" is actually a requirement that I'll find out after I've made the purchase.

Anyone else with similar scenario know if this will work or not? Thanks in advance
    08-03-2014 08:20 PM