Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Note 3 lost WIFI connection

My husband and I each have a Samsung Note 3. These caused us to buy a new modem, which turned out to be more complex than I expected (when you cannot see/read/interpret the symbol on the router , and don't know that it is what the instructions call a thingummy); so we got in an "expert", in fact, someone who did a good job including making sure our phones were connected.
    We have 4 possible WIFI connections - Guest and Guest5, one password, Private and Private5, another password.
    I set both phones up to use the private 5, and for the past three months, all has been well.
    Today, for no apparent reason, I can only use the guest connections. The private connections are suddenly demanding a password, which, of course, I have forgotten.
    Hubby, on the other hand, is still connecting automatically to private5.
    Obviously, my first frustrated question is - Why?
    My second/third/fourth more important questions are how do I fix it? How do I find the password? Or how do I replace it?

Default Re: Samsung Note 3 lost WIFI connection

Welcome to Android Central! Difficult to say why this happened--it could be that the connection was "forgotten," either accidentally by you or due to some software glitch. If someone else sets up your network, always make sure that person tells you the password and you store it somewhere for safekeeping. You could always do a factory reset of the router and set the network back up, but since you needed someone else to do it in the first place, I'm guessing that's not the best option. Try to contact the person who set it up and ask him or her if they know what the password is.
    UJ95x likes this.