Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is Samsung Galaxy s3 still worth buying in 2014

So I'm upgrading from iphone3gs, and this is my first android phone. Since where I live, phones are sold at a hefty price ( around 240€ for galaxy s3) so is it still worth buying considering it won't get anymore updates since its 2 years old.

Did samsung galaxy s3 - NOT LTE get Kitkat update 4.4?

And what do you think about upgrade guys?

Default Re: Is Samsung Galaxy s3 still worth buying in 2014

The S3, though good, is ageing. Do you have a wide choice of phones, at affordable prices, or is the S3 the best you can get where you are? Give us an idea of your options and we'll try to guide you.
    Here's info on the 4.4 for S3 including non-LTE version:

Posted via Android Central App

...Correction, HERE it is:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/07...id-4-4-kitkat/

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I don't really know what are the other good choices to be honest that are close to this price range.any recommendations? But do you think despite the age, that samsung galaxy s3 is a good phone?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    The S3, though good, is ageing. Do you have a wide choice of phones, at affordable prices, or is the S3 the best you can get where you are? Give us an idea of your options and we'll try to guide you.
    Here's info on the 4.4 for S3 including non-LTE version:

Check my reply

Well I was thinking of something like the Nexus 5 for example...in other words, high quality, more up-to-date, better specs, but not expensive. I'm not saying the S3 is a bad phone...obviously it's a very good one...but it has been superseded by others from that manufacturer and others.

I am currently looking at a 2nd phone in the £150 - 200 price range to replace a GS2 I just sold. I can get a grade A / unused at an exchange store chain in the UK for 230-240. Still a little overpriced. S4's around 300+. I now really like the Sony Xperia range, an SP or T3 seem good value. I wouldn't pay a high price for an S3, or on contract, but they are still a good ex flagship phone. If you can get a deal on an S4, a Moto X, a Nexus 5 or a Sony Z1/Z1 compact even better. On the other side a Moto G LTE model which has an sd card are a good price new, with good specs in a non premium case. Depends if you are buying new off the shelf, a good used one, or on contract.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro