HTC One camera with purple - is the warranty void?

Monique Siri

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm asking on behalf of my boyfriend. He has the HTC One with a shocking purple tint. I understand this is actually a pre-existing hardware fault which most phones of this model have. I've called HTC twice about this, and both times the representatives have acted like this is news.

Unfortunately, the phone has been in for repair to fix a crack in the screen. This was done by a third party company. HTC says any kind of repair done by a third party company absolutely voids all warranty. It seems a little unfair, considering this is a known fault. The tint mustn't have been so obvious when he got the screen repaired, otherwise we would've recognised the camera fault and sent the phone to HTC for them to repair the camera first.

Apparently, the Australian Consumer Law doesn't allow retailers to refuse warranty claims on the grounds of damaged exterior or even a rooted phone.

So my question is... Would a phone that's been repaired (for a different issue) void warranty of an issue that is HTC's own hardware fault?

it seems very unlikely that he can get it fixed by HTC for free, but I thought I'd ask here to make sure before we stop trying.

Thanks everyone!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Sadly yes, while I don't know much about the exact terms and conditions of your warranty, in most countries HTC's warranty policy clearly states that any work done by a third party (even as far as to open the device and closing it back again) would void all warranty agreements.

Monique Siri

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Aww that sucks. :( A perfectly good phone, but a crappy camera really ruins everything. He's gonna get a new phone now, even though the HTC One is still quite new. Ahh well.

Thanks for the quick response! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800