Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default wifi disconnecting frequrntly

I have samsung note 2014 edition and am having this problem
    when am connected to wifi at home using my private network internet disconnects every couple of minutes and i get the msg" wifi disconnected, you need to sign in again "
    and doesn't reconnect automatically till i connect again
    when not connected and scanning for network instead of telling me about my network " saved,secured" it says sign in required !!!
    am connecting to the same network using my galaxy s3 with no problems
    my friends are having the same problem with the device..
    any help?

Global Posts
    23,093 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: wifi disconnecting frequrntly

In WiFi advanced settings, do you have avoid weak signals enabled? If so, turn that off. What I am thinking is it might help with the disconnect, and avoiding the resigning in. If it works, I know it doesn't really fix the problem, but at least it will make it more tolerable.

At the same time, I would email Samsung about the issue.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace

unfortunately it was off...didn't worl !!

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

thans 4 ur help but unfortunately didn't work either !!
    my problem isn't that i can't connect but that i always lose the connection and a notification always tell me " This network is not available. you certification has expired then i have to go back and reconnect then it asks me to sign in again and when i tab ok it takes me to my normal home page then it disconnects again in two or three minutes..
    it's driving me crazy !!

So you already tried temporarily disabling the security in your router to see if that's the issue?

yeah i did..and it's happening with other networks too, and i have a friend having the same problem with the device..

Have you already tried wiping the system cache partition? Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition | T-Mobile Support. Or if that doesn't work, a factory reset?

Since buying a Samsung multi function printer my Galaxy s4 phone keeps disconnecting from the modem. This may be co incidence. Others on this site have disabled the AT thing but I can't see that in my applications. Any ideas?