Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default no message

something wired happen to my phone the icon of the massages when away and i t connected to a hangout app I dont recall making this change now am trying to look for my old message app and i cant find it. please help me or give me instruction how to fix the problem.

Default Re: no message

If I understand you right, perhaps you merged two icons accidentally, to make a folder. If so, long press to open and separate them, and move one to where you want it.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: no message

Welcome to Android Central! What phone are you using? When you talk about the old Messaging app icon going away, are you talking about icons in the Notification Bar when you get a message, or are you talking about the shortcut on the homescreen? If you bring up the App Drawer, can you find the stock Messaging app there? If it's there, you should be able to drag it back to a homescreen.

It's possible to make Hangouts your default SMS app, which may be what you did. Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More, and see what's listed under Default SMS App. If it's Hangouts, select the stock Messaging app again. You can also open Hangouts, tap Menu, then Settings, then SMS, and see if it says "SMS Enabled."