Display issues!

A

AC Question

hi folks! i am using Samsung galaxy s5, since last 2 months. it was working fine back then but due to my stupidity, i dipped my cell phone into small jug of hard water and then water got into cell phone and i forgot to power off my cell immediately and then it was not turning on then i kept my cell under the sun for hours and eventually it got turned on, since then it's working OK but having problems on display specially on images and videos like when i watch low quality or HD songs, so i can see those black pixels, which is spreading like black and blue ink and in images as well. when i did screen test, so my screen was totally OK and nothing wrong there. other problem is when i take my cell phone under the sun light so my camera works perfectly fine but when in artificial lights like at home, it gives me very bad quality of pictures, movie and when i zoom in, it gets more worst like blur and gets pixelated. i feel happy when i am outdoor, under the sun, shooting clips and clicking picture, it gives me high quality results and yeah camera works fine with FLASH ON at indoor. i don't want to buy new led (unit) because it's quite expensive so please help me out here please :). it would be really appreciated!

mojosakura

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
yes brother! not right after but yes after a week i did for 36 hours to be precise. i don't have right tools to tear down it so i could give more sun heat to it. what u would suggest to me? like i said, i did screen test and it's perfectly fine but only when i am seeing images or watching videos then it happens. ok like, while watching any video and in any video where there is darkness so it shows those black and blue ink type fluid spreading and flickering. let me show you difference between same image.Screenshot_2014-08-05-01-59-26.jpg DSC00693.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The Galaxy S5 is a superb phone and we must do what we can to get yours working again. You say 36 hours drying time, about a week after the accident. Some users, and I am inclined to agree, recommend a longer drying-out period than that, when using dry rice....perhaps as long as a week. There may still be water in the device and if this were my phone I would put it back in the rice for a few days. It might just work, it will cost nothing and is worth a try. I hope it does work.

You may find that other S5 users will be able to make helpful suggestions, so it may be worth re-posting, with the sample photos, in the Samsung Galaxy S5 forum.

Posted via Android Central App

mojosakura

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! now i am going to put galaxy s5 in the rice again and this time for a week and may be more :). i really appreciate your concern to get it fixed. yes, i will re-post in the samsung galaxy s5 forum. thank you and stay blessed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech