Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Car Charger Specs for HTC One (M7)

Hi,
    I have a car charger that says the specs are output=5.0---1000 mA. When I try to charge my phone with it, it shows that it is charging in AC mode but does not actually charge the phone and I continue to lose battery life. Any ideas why this charger will not work? Does anyone have a recommended charger or the specs on the correct car charger to use? Thanks!

Default Re: Car Charger Specs for HTC One (M7)

It depends what you're using on the phone as well. The M7 is known to have a slow charge rate even with a wall charger so car ones usually can't sustain it if you're doing things like GPS. I remember a big discussion about it on our forums and don't think there was a big solution. You can try getting a stronger charger to see if it helps.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Default Re: Car Charger Specs for HTC One (M7)

Losing battery life does not necessarily mean that your charger is not working at full rate. In fact the indication of charging in AC mode implies a full charging speed. I’ve used Avantek for my HTC One. Has 2 USB ports, provides an output of up to 3.1A. Can keep the navigation running when driving. You won’t regret for the price.