Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disabling location services for camera on Samsung Galaxy S5

Is there a way to disable location services for just the camera? In searching through location services, there are no app options. Thank You!

Default Re: Disabling location services for camera on Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm not sure about the S5 in particular, but what you are looking for is normally found in the camera app itself.

Do you just want to prevent the camera from geotagging your photos? As N4Newbie said, that should be in the Camera app's settings.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can't find anything in the camera app settings. All I can find our photo adjustment and option settings.

I don't know about your device specifically, but if it is using the current Google Camera app, then swipe from the left edge of the screen to expose this menu:

Now, tap the gear icon at bottom right. On the next page you will see "Save location"

Look for the "Location Tags" setting as described in this article: How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera: Everything You Need to Know. If you don't see it, your phone might be in Easy Mode--turn that mode off: How to enable Easy Mode on the Galaxy S5 | Android Central.

Did you find the solution to your problem? if not, it is in camera settings, but your phone has to be in the horizontal view position for the location tag setting to show up. Instead of holding the phone like normal, turn it sideways and tap the gear button, scroll down and the option box will be in with all the others you see in normal view. Hope that helps!