Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Strange screen icon

In addition to the usual small "home screen icon" and one small non-home icon (I keep my apps on the non-home screen) I now have a small screen icon that looks like a "thick equal sign" along side those two.. When I press it I get a pop-up that says "Application not installed". I also cannot swipe to the screen that this should represent. Used to be I could keep swipe screens and go all the way back to home....anyone know what I did to get this and how I get rid of it?

Default Re: Strange screen icon

A screen shot of what your describing would be a lot more helpful.

Other questions I have is are you using the stock launcher or a 3rd party launcher. Also which device are we talking about here?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? I'm a bit confused--where are these home screen icons and non-home icons? Are they all on a homescreen? It would be most helpful if you could post a screenshot. [GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

Thanks for the reply. I have an S5. I had turned off "My Magazine" and somehow in the "Home Screen Settings" it got clicked back on... so I think the S5 was "looking" for the application but since I have it turned off, it got confused...? I am very, very new to all this (coming from a Blackberry).