Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Strange screen icon

In addition to the usual small "home screen icon" and one small non-home icon (I keep my apps on the non-home screen) I now have a small screen icon that looks like a "thick equal sign" along side those two.. When I press it I get a pop-up that says "Application not installed". I also cannot swipe to the screen that this should represent. Used to be I could keep swipe screens and go all the way back to home....anyone know what I did to get this and how I get rid of it?

Default Re: Strange screen icon

A screen shot of what your describing would be a lot more helpful.

Other questions I have is are you using the stock launcher or a 3rd party launcher. Also which device are we talking about here?
    B. Diddy likes this.

Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? I'm a bit confused--where are these home screen icons and non-home icons? Are they all on a homescreen? It would be most helpful if you could post a screenshot. http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html

Thanks for the reply. I have an S5. I had turned off "My Magazine" and somehow in the "Home Screen Settings" it got clicked back on... so I think the S5 was "looking" for the application but since I have it turned off, it got confused...? I am very, very new to all this (coming from a Blackberry).