my nexus 7 tablet is not working

A

AC Question

my name is kirstin and i tryed to hard boot my tablet and the android guy shows up saying no command and i don't know how to turn it on or get all my pictures and music off of it so i can throw away my tablet cause its not working .... thankyou

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you provide a little more information as to the events leading up to this?

Was the tablet stock or rooted? Was the tablet subjected to any physical damage like cracked screen or water damage?

Unless you can get the tablet to boot up normally there is no way to retrieve the pictures and music from it :(

avirlsink

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
If your device is completely unresponsive, you still have one additional option.

1. Press the power button and both volume keys for several seconds. The computer screen will eventually blink off. Continue to hold until you see the Android recovery logo and the large Start selection at the top of the screen.

2. Move the volume keys up and down to see the menu selections. If you don’t want to factory reset, you can try to Power down or to Restart bootloader from these selections. The power key will select the option.

3. If you are forced or desire to factory reset and wipe the device, select Recovery Mode. Your device will reboot. This reboot will be much slower than normal.

4. When you see the Android with red triangle, hold the power button down and press the volume up key until the wipe data/factory reset option appears. Press the power button to select it. Remember that this will erase all the data on your device.

5. With the volume keys select Yes – erase all user data and again press the power button to select this option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As Paul627g mentioned, it would be helpful to know why you tried to do a hard reset for your tablet in the first place. avirlsink's advice is good, but I would suggest wiping the cache partition in the Recovery Menu first, before trying a full factory reset. Wiping the cache partition can correct various issues without erasing your personal data. Steps are described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html