My Phone wont Reset .. HELP !

A

AC Question

this is my first post so ill try to explain everything as best i can .. I have a samsung galaxy exhibit for metro pcs and it was working perfectly fine yesterday, then i tried to go into an app and it restarted on its own (it does that sometimes so i didnt pay any mind to it) but then it did it again, and again, and again (it probably did it 20 times in an hour) i started to look for a solution to the problem on the internet and they told me to factory reset the phone, so i tried to but everytime i do it starts to do it then restarts before its finished.. i then tried a hard reset and had the same problem .. i have no idea what to do and i really need my phone .. plz help me :(

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
By design, a factory reset will restart twice during the process.
Did you let it go through the reset process completely?
If yes, did it still do the same thing?

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be starting to fail. Do you have a spare one you could try? A quick test is to take your current battery out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But regardless, it's still worth trying a new battery.

You could also try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition, then Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmn64tSr2jE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech