Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 - Water resistance question

*don't know if the title is spelled correctly but idk*
    Okay, so I'm going to get my SGS5 in 1 week or so, and I have a big question.

Did someone take the SGS5 in water deeper that 1m? I mean, does it resist to 2m in water?

Hope you understand, not going to use translate to make the question perfect or smth like that.
    Thanks.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - Water resistance question

Yes, it should be fine for that. I think they just have a minimum recommendation so that people can't blame them if anything happened past a certain amount of time or depth.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I got my SGS5 on Monday and I'm pretty.. scared about water. What if mine has a manufacturing mistake and doesn't resist to water?
    And by the way, someone told me that if my phone wasn't IP67, it would be much better, like my CPU of 2.5 GHz would be around 3 GHz if my phone wasn't IP67. Is that true?
    And about that tempered glass. If I use one on my phone, would I be able to use a screen protector? Or that is already a screen protector? Because I'm from Romania and those terms are some that we don't have a translation for and I don't really know.

Sorry for asking all of those things here and not making a thread for every one of them but..
    Thanks.
    Again, sorry for any mispelling and mistakes.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

-----
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by AWSHEN View Post
    I got my SGS5 on Monday and I'm pretty.. scared about water. What if mine has a manufacturing mistake and doesn't resist to water?
    And by the way, someone told me that if my phone wasn't IP67, it would be much better, like my CPU of 2.5 GHz would be around 3 GHz if my phone wasn't IP67. Is that true?
    And about that tempered glass. If I use one on my phone, would I be able to use a screen protector? Or that is already a screen protector? Because I'm from Romania and those terms are some that we don't have a translation for and I don't really know.

Sorry for asking all of those things here and not making a thread for every one of them but..
    Thanks.
    Again, sorry for any mispelling and mistakes.
    Sorry for the really late reply. Sometimes these threads won't show in my participated list and I can forget to reply...

Anyway, if it has manufacturing issues you can get it replaced as that is an issue on their side and not yours. And yes, the tempered glass is the screen protector

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4