My samsung galaxy s5 keeps loosing its wifi connection.

A

AC Question

I just got my galaxy s5 today and the wifi keeps dropping connection. I honestly don't remember when it started happening because I was new to the phone and if anything was happening I did not realise it. I think it may have been due to an update the phone asked me to do. In better detail, i will be using my phone and randomly the wifi symbol at the top would disapear, and after a couple a seconds the little notification would come up at the bottom saying that I have been connected, realising something was wrong I waited for the symbol to disapear, and when it did I quickly went to the wifi settings and noticed that the router was not even on the list. Earlier today my mom said that she could connect but could not load anything on her note 3 and galaxy nexus. Because of this I am guessing it is and issue with the router. I have tried doing a simple 30 sec reset with no luck. I have also turned the phone on and off, but it still won't fix the problem. I am still investigating, I will test the other devices in the house and will also try other wifi networks. PLEASE if you have any idea how to fix this please share.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Check and see if "Auto network switch" is on within the advanced wifi settings.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1407201492990.jpg
    1407201492990.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 10

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you have a strong connection. Try improving it any way you can. Maybe unplug your router, let it reset itself? Like Almeuit said, try turning off Auto Network Switch.

Glynis Nolan

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm having the same problem only since I upgraded to lollipop on my S5. I've tried everything nothing seems to work .Its not my router as my tablet works fine and my lap top is ok so it definatley is an upgrade issue I'm getting the same message every few seconds it's really anoying .Samsung need to get it sorted .

DFor

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Same here. My galaxy s5 keeps dropping wifi and connecting over and over even in the same room with the router. It drains the battery before the day is over. It started around Feb 1st 2015. It's not my router.

Whosyourmammie

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Since around the 1st of February 2015 my galaxy 5 keep dropping wifi constantly. It shows it has a strong signal but has a message stating it will connect when network improves? This happens at every wifi spot I go to. Now AT &T is sending tex saying my data is used up and they are going to charge me additional charges. The bill is way too high as it is for the slow service I can't get. What is wrong with this phone????

Jimmy Chanda

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Same here so obviously there is an issue somwhere. I have another phone and 2 laptops that do NOT have this problem. This just started on 2/6/2015. I used to have this problem with my S3 when I traveled abroad to locations that only had wifi. Rebooting and settings at this time will not fix this..

Whosyourmammie

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I may have found my prblem. My Smart Network Switch was turned on. I cut it off and it hasn't dropped again. The other routers in the area was confusing the phone when it picked up the signal and was trying to connect? At any rate, I'm glad I figured it out without taking my phone somewhere.

Gunshowgreg

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Same problem over here. Keeps connecting to my wifi then dropping after about 30 secs then connects back to it. also having an issue with the WiFi connecting to my Samsung smart TV. But i can online game play with my PS4 and my laptop doesn't have an issue. I'm starting to see a problem with the brand. Samsung please help us.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here... just started in the past week, and now it keeps connecting and reconnecting over and over to the same wifi network at home and at work... driving me nuts...

Has anyone figured out a definitive solution yet???

Raghav Sharma33

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Same problem is happeni ng to my samsung s5. Ive have it for a good 5-6 months and nothing happened. But now for a week it just drops wifi and connects again by battery drains overnight and it really making me angry. Ive never had this problem before. Is there soemthing wrong with my phone or is this a common problem.....please help

t_wysocki

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Obviously, from reading a bunch of posts about this in various forums, the "fix" does not always work for everyone. I have two S5's and neither one responds to this solution. It's a Samsung issue since it's across several carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie